An internal newsletter from the College of Built Environments’ Advancement Team
Dear CBE Faculty and Staff,
Happy National Ice Cream Month! Here are the CBE Advancement updates, highlights, resources, and ways to partner with us this month.
Advancement Impact Highlights
- Join bocce practice every Tuesday at noon on the Gould Lawn, hosted by our very own bocce pro, Mel! Keep an eye out for details about the end of summer tournament.
- Thanks to Landscape Architecture for being the first department to use our new FeedOtter newsletter workflow. This new automated process uses RSS feeds from WordPress, Trumba, and other sources to compile timely, beautiful emails. Thanks for being the first, Landscape Architecture!
- The President’s Circle Summer Garden Party with President Ana Mari Cauce took place in Sylvan Grove on July 14. CBE celebrated more than 30 President’s Circle members in attendance.
- In the coming academic year, CBE will use donor funds to award more than 200 student scholarships! Our team is currently reviewing each student scholarship donor thank you letter before sending them out in the fall to our donor community. Big thanks to the departments and Dean’s office for their partnership in stewarding our donors so they may see the vital impact their philanthropic dollars have on our CBE students’ educational experience.
- University Advancement welcomes Tamara Michel Josserand as our next VP for Development. Tamara began her role on July 1, 2022. Click here to read more about her appointment and leadership purview.
Advancement by the Numbers
Know and Celebrate CBE: Partner With Us
- Work with us to amplify and celebrate the work happening at CBE. Here are some upcoming opportunities:
- Have alumni doing meaningful work in our community and want to highlight them? Submit an Advancement Project Support form and we’ll reach out to interview them.
Incorporating the UW monthly message themes into your work increases the opportunity for further exposure across various UW communications channels. Working on something that fits one or both of these themes? Fill out an Advancement Project Support form.
July and August Message Themes:
July – Proven Impact, #UWdiscovers
August – Our Public Promise, #UWserves
Kudos to Rick Mohler and the Architecture 508 Graduate Studio for a successful event and subsequent media coverage. Rick reached out to our team for support of his event “One Seattle: Reintroducing Housing Diversity through Seattle’s Major Comprehensive Plan” and while our team provided some support, Rick’s proactive, can-do nature was paramount to this success. Rick was proactive in inviting local government officials, community members, and the media. This has had ripple effects with multiple news pieces talking about the work of the students and an NPR interview.
EMAIL SIGNATURE – Take a minute over the summer to update your email signature. An accurate email signature makes it easier for your colleagues to get in touch! You will find UW’s email signature branding guidance here.
SHARE WITH STUDENTS! – The UW Alumni Association 2022 Homecoming Scholarships application is now open. Applications are due August 14, 2022.
BOARD DUES– Need support implementing a collection process for your Professional Advisory Board annual dues? Submit an Advancement Project Support request! We’ve helped RE and CM in the past and are in the process of assisting UDP.
PERSONAL RELEASE FORMS– Reminder to use the UW’s Personal Release Form authorizing CBE to use someone’s name and likeness when featuring an event speaker, guest, or student when they are being video-recorded and/or photographed.